Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:51 am by leofuner

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Rocky Horror Show!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Rocky Horror Show!! on Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:47 pm

RedDeath

Main Phantom
Main Phantom
I've been waiting forever for this to finally happen, and, it is.
My local theatre gained permission to do The Rocky Horror Show, and will be putting on its first ever amateur non-shadow cast version this October!
Opening night will be Halloween, at midnight!

For those of you who need a little background on terms:
-The Rocky Horror Show is a campy stage musical about 2 perfect kids that just announced their engagement and are driving through a storm to go to their old teacher's house (for they met in his class years ago). They get a flate tire and are forced to run through the rain to an ancient castle, which is owned by a crazy transvestite doctor named Frank N Furter, hs servants Magenta and RiffRaff, and a groupie named Columbia. Brad and Janet, the lovers, are heaved into a world of sex and enthusiasm as the night wares on, and Frank creates a man, Rocky, as a muscular play toy. Frank opens both Brad and Janet's eyes to the joys of love and sex, and ends up being over thrown and killed by his servants, who beam the castle back to their home planet of Transexual in the galaxy of Transylvania. Brad and Janet are left alone and confused, and loathing each other.
-The Rocky Horror PICTURE Show is the filmed version of the stage musical.
-A shadow cast, which is the most prominent form of acting in regards to RH, is where a group of actors dress up as the characters they would play, and then lip-sync and act out the film, which is played on a backdrop on a stage.
I've seen the RHS 12 times (making this UNLUCKY 13!!)::
-5 times in the UK
-5 in NYC
-2 in Maine
I've seen the film too many times to count, but see the shadow cast every year at my theatre on Halloween night. I've been a Rocky Horror Fan since I was 7...Which made my parents nervous because of the subject matter Laughing
Anyway, I will be around as stage crew on the show! I sadly, due to those damned state-prohibited and franchise or whatever laws can not take pictures without written permission from the writer of the show, Richard O Brien, which I can not obtain... I may be able to sneak a few at dress rehearsal but not during the live showing.
Here's a song list!::
-Overture
-Science Fiction Double Feature: A song sunch by the Usherette(s) in the musical, and by enormous lips in the film, that explains that the audience is about to view a show similar to the old sci fi movies of the 50s.
-Dammit Janet!: Brad proposes to Janet
-There's a Light [Over at the Frankenstein Place]: After the tire pops, Brad and Janet see a light in the distance and approach it with the hopes of being rescued
-Time Warp: Brad and Janet are greeted by a trio of odd characters (Columbia, RiffRaff and Magenta) and are forced into doing an odd dance.
-Sweet Transvestite: The odd doctor makes his appearance and welcomes Brad and Janet
-Sword of Damocles: Frank brings his creation to life
-I Can Make You A Man: Frank tells everyone his plans for Rocky
-Hot Patootie: Columbia's old boyfriend, Eddie (A past creation of Franks which went terribly wrong) appears and sings a rock and roll song, and is killed by Frank.
-I Can Make You A Man Rep.:Frank and Rocky depart, going to a somber bridal suite.
-Creature of the Night (or Toucha Toucha Toucha Tocuh Me): After having sex with Frank, and finding that Brad has too, Janet finds Rocky and explores his body.
-Once in a While: Left out of the film. Brad laments his loss of Janet.
-Eddie's Teddy: Eddie's uncle, Dr Scott (the very man that Brad and Janet were going to visit) appears at the castle to check on Eddit. Small world, huh?*
-Planet Schmanet Janet (Wise Up Janet Weiss): Frank injects Brad, Janet, Rocky, Dr Scott and Columbia with a drug and puts them through the Sonic Transducer.
-FloorShow/Rose Tint My World: Frank and his entourage of Brad, Janet, Rocky, Columbia, and, reluctantly, Dr Scott, perform a floorshow, highlighting their sexual feelings and praising Frank for opening their eyes to them.
-I'm Going Home: Magenta and RiffRaff plan to rebel, unless Frank can recant. He sings about how he wishes to return home, but it killed.
-Spaceship: After also killing Columbia and Rocky, Magenta and RiffRaff let Brad, Janet, and Dr Scott leave as they beam the house out of our galaxy.
-Super Heroes: Only in the UK version of the film. Brad and Janet, lost and confused, stumble around the debris of the castle estate, lamenting their loss of innocence.
-Science Fiction Double Feature Rep.: The Usherette, or lips, returns to close the show.

It's amazing all around. Here are some pictures and links:

The Usherette and Frank N Furter

Brad and Janet and Janet and Rocky

Magenta and RiffRaff and Columbia
-Science Fiction Double Feature: 2007 UK Touring Cast (above pictures!)
-Time Warp and Sweet Transvestite: 1998 UK Touring Cast
-Time Warp: 55th Tony Awards, 2000 Broadway Cast

Keeper of The Monkey Girl in 'Masquerade' [in ALW's musical], animated POTO chandelier, & JOJ's laugh
4/6/06:: The Day... The Music... Died. Crying or Very sad
View user profile http://xnecronomiconx.weebly.com

2 Re: The Rocky Horror Show!! on Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:36 pm

EarlCarpenterFan

Lead Singer
Lead Singer
I'm ashamed to say that I've never seen the stage show, or even the film. Its been on my 'to see' list for ages now too.

It looks fantastic-I really will see it soon.

So, how many times will you go and see this particular production then?

3 Re: The Rocky Horror Show!! on Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:38 pm

RedDeath

Main Phantom
Main Phantom
I'm on stage crew, so, probably every night it's open. It runs for 2 weeks! Smile

Keeper of The Monkey Girl in 'Masquerade' [in ALW's musical], animated POTO chandelier, & JOJ's laugh

4 Re: The Rocky Horror Show!! on Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:25 pm

phantom glider

Lead Singer
Lead Singer
I don't mean to offend anyone, but....I SAW THE MOVIE AND I WAS BEYOND DESTURBED!!!!!!!!!! affraid Shocked

View user profile

5 Re: The Rocky Horror Show!! on Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:04 pm

RedDeath

Main Phantom
Main Phantom
Well, that's entirely an opinion!!! Smile

The movie is amazing, in my opinion, but the stage show will always be better

6 Re: The Rocky Horror Show!! on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:13 am

phantom glider

Lead Singer
Lead Singer
duh!! I think the stage versions are ALWAYS better! they came first! Laughing

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum