Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:51 am by leofuner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anne Hathaway as Christine

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Anne Hathaway as Christine on Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:09 pm

RedDeath

Main Phantom
Main Phantom
It is public knowledge that ALW was considering Anne Hathaway (of Princess Diaries, Becoming Jane, etc. fame). However, he later chose Emmy Rossum, of course, for his 2004 POTO film adaption.
Joel Schumacher also suggested Natalie Portman, but, Andrew wanted a younger actress who had been trained in singing.
Anne Hathaway had to decline the role because of engagements with the Princess Diaries sequel (ugh! Rolling Eyes ).
I think she would have done a great job as Christine. At first, I was wondering if she could sing. I heard her sing in Ella Enchanted and actually in front of Andrew Lloyd Webber in Sydmonton for Woman in White auditions.
-Ella Enchanted song
-Woman in White song:: If I Could Only Dream This World Away

What do you think? I think she could have pulled it off, with some coaching and training. I mean, I love Emmy, but Anne could be a good possibility, too. Emmy had the innocence and youthful look that is often identified with Christine though... Any opinions?

Last edited by RedDeath on Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : broken link)

Keeper of The Monkey Girl in 'Masquerade' [in ALW's musical], animated POTO chandelier, & JOJ's laugh
4/6/06:: The Day... The Music... Died. Crying or Very sad
View user profile http://xnecronomiconx.weebly.com

2 Re: Anne Hathaway as Christine on Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:22 pm

ErikIsLove

Auditioner
Auditioner
hahaha. I don't like Anne Hathaway. I don't think she's pretty enough to play Christine. Honestly, (as far as young actresses go) I don't think ALW could have picked anyone better than Emmy for this part. her voice is amazing. Can Anne even sing?

View user profile

3 Re: Anne Hathaway as Christine on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:23 pm

RedDeath

Main Phantom
Main Phantom
Did you listen to the links?
Because I think she is fairly good. Granted, the higher notes crack, but, with technology, they could easily alter that, just like they did with Emmy's, and a lot of the other's.

Keeper of The Monkey Girl in 'Masquerade' [in ALW's musical], animated POTO chandelier, & JOJ's laugh
4/6/06:: The Day... The Music... Died. Crying or Very sad
View user profile http://xnecronomiconx.weebly.com

4 Re: Anne Hathaway as Christine on Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:13 am

Lukrecja

Back Stage Pass
Back Stage Pass
She has a nice voice, actually I've heard that she was trained in singing. She seems to be to 'happy' for Christine, but I think she could be good in this role anyway. Smile She looks a little older than Emmy, but still in Chrissy's age. Maybe older actress would be better, I always thought that Christine was around 20 years old. Still, it won't be as bad as age thing in a little piece of lyrics I've talked with RedDeath about. Wink Anyway... I like Anne and I think she could be good in that role.

5 Re: Anne Hathaway as Christine on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:30 am

Viscountess duBois

Back Stage Pass
Back Stage Pass
I would have liked her a whole lot better than Emmy. Emmy is not very amazing and Anne has more of a pleasant, natural tone to her voice. If she could hit the notes, that would be even better.

Not only is Anne stunningly beautiful, she has more of a classic look to her that Christine might have had.

View user profile http://twistedeveryway.freeforums.org

6 Re: Anne Hathaway as Christine on Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:43 am

After hearing that Woman in White clip, I can see how she might have done good as Christine, but I still don't think she has the look. And Hathaway doesn't usually play characters with that kind of innocence and gracefulness about them. I think it would just seem odd.

7 Re: Anne Hathaway as Christine on Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:58 pm

phantom glider

Lead Singer
Lead Singer
RedDeath wrote:Did you listen to the links?
Because I think she is fairly good. Granted, the higher notes crack, but, with technology, they could easily alter that, just like they did with Emmy's, and a lot of the other's.
they did that?!

View user profile

8 Re: Anne Hathaway as Christine on Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:04 pm

Lukrecja

Back Stage Pass
Back Stage Pass
Yes, they altered quite big part of music. Cadenza, end of title song...

9 Re: Anne Hathaway as Christine on Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:17 pm

phantom glider

Lead Singer
Lead Singer
Shocked

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum