Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:51 am by leofuner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silent Hill

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Silent Hill on Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:26 pm

RedDeath

Main Phantom
Main Phantom
I was looking the other day at FYE when I came across the new movie, Silent Hill.

I bought it, took it home, and have watched it 5 times in 2 days. It is such an awesome movie!

It is adapted from the video game made by Konami, but, they alter a bit. Either way, it rocks!

Has anyone else seen it?

View user profile http://xnecronomiconx.weebly.com

2 Re: Silent Hill on Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:02 pm

My mom did want to see it,but we weren't sure if it was one of those pointless Japanese horrors like the Grudge or not.

3 Re: Silent Hill on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:23 am

RedDeath

Main Phantom
Main Phantom
No way! It rocks! It was really good

Keeper of The Monkey Girl in 'Masquerade' [in ALW's musical], animated POTO chandelier, & JOJ's laugh
4/6/06:: The Day... The Music... Died. Crying or Very sad

4 Re: Silent Hill on Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:45 pm

Does it really have a story that if fully explained by the end and not a bunch of random twists and creepy Japanese kids with tangled limbs that still manage to move,like,SUPER fast?!That must be cool.

5 Re: Silent Hill on Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:26 pm

RedDeath

Main Phantom
Main Phantom
emmay wrote:Does it really have a story that if fully explained by the end and not a bunch of random twists and creepy Japanese kids with tangled limbs that still manage to move,like,SUPER fast?!That must be cool.

It's based on a game, and naturally has to be changed for the purpose of normal fluent movement...

A young girl with repeated and unrecallable nightmares calls out for the town of Silent Hill while sleepwalking. She is brought by her mother to the town in an attempt to ascertain the cause of the problem after medication fails to help her condition. When an automobile accident causes the mother and child to be separated, the mother must set out to find her daughter in a world of fog and ash, unpredictable creatures, faith and hell -- all within the town of Silent Hill.

Disambiguation link at wikipedia

It's really good; the town is in purgatory and damned because of their religious obsessions... And the way it comes together at the end leaves you kind of confused...If you want plot details, let me know. Wink

Keeper of The Monkey Girl in 'Masquerade' [in ALW's musical], animated POTO chandelier, & JOJ's laugh

6 Re: Silent Hill on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:25 pm

Cool.I'll tell my mom it's worth seeing,then.She will be pleased,lol...

7 Re: Silent Hill on Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:28 pm

RedDeath

Main Phantom
Main Phantom
It is good...well worth it

8 Re: Silent Hill on Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:11 pm

SculptedAngel

Auditioner
Auditioner
Saw it and loved it! Those religious fanatics were so creepy...

View user profile

9 Re: Silent Hill on Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:24 pm

Just watched it...I didn't get it...And it seemed to have a lot of unneccesary gore...It was just plain nasty to me.Another Japanese one with freaky possesed kids.I guess that's just not my kind of horror movie.I like things with ghosts and stuff...And where things are resolved in the end...Like The Frightners or Lady in White.Oh well.

10 Re: Silent Hill on Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:26 am

RedDeath

Main Phantom
Main Phantom
What did you not understand? I loved it... So wonderful... *warm smiles*

11 Re: Silent Hill on Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:13 pm

Well,for one thing...Why,at the end,did the wife and daughter remain in that parallel uniververse and the husband could never see them?Where did all the freaky creatures come from and what was their purpose with that siren and everything?Why was the little girl even screaming "SIlent Hill" in her nightmares in the first place?

12 Re: Silent Hill on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:34 am

RedDeath

Main Phantom
Main Phantom
emmay wrote:Well,for one thing...Why,at the end,did the wife and daughter remain in that parallel uniververse and the husband could never see them?Where did all the freaky creatures come from and what was their purpose with that siren and everything?Why was the little girl even screaming "SIlent Hill" in her nightmares in the first place?

Answers
-The mother and daughter died, therefore they stayed in that realm, which was like a purgatory. When they hit into the rock and the mother hit her head, she died. The cop hit her head when she crashed, as well. How exactly the daughter dies, I am unsure. I think the evil Alessa went into her and took her over. The members of the city who were in the purgatory were also dead, but could never accept it.

-The creatures were the creations of Alessa. Her evil self; the Devil; said she would make the town 'fall under Alessa's darkest dreams.' Those monsters were in Alessa's mind, and she unleashed them on the town. The siren signalled the Darkness coming up into the normal town.

-Sharon, the girl, was the goodness of Alessa. Alessa herself remained nuetral- good and evil. The dark girl was the evil of Alessa. Sharon remembered Silent Hill because she was destined to go back there.

I'm an expert Wink I am obsessed!

13 Re: Silent Hill on Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:46 pm

phantom glider

Lead Singer
Lead Singer
I want to see it now! I LOVE horror movies! my favorites are the 'Final Destination'series, 'Mothman Prophices' (based on a true story), and 'The Ring'. Very Happy

View user profile

14 Re: Silent Hill on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:51 pm

RedDeath

Main Phantom
Main Phantom
Silent Hill is among my favorite horror film because it has a message that it gives to the viewer, while entertaining.
Plus the creature designs rock!

15 Re: Silent Hill on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:57 pm

phantom glider

Lead Singer
Lead Singer
RedDeath wrote:Silent Hill is among my favorite horror film because it has a message that it gives to the viewer, while entertaining.
Plus the creature designs rock!
you're back! yay! Very Happy

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum